Applicants who have current teacher registration in Australia or in New Zealand may apply for registration in Tasmania under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992 or the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Act 1997.
The Teachers Registration Board of Tasmania recognises full or provisional registration (for the school sector) from the following regulatory authorities:
- Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Teacher Registration Board of the Northern Territory
- Teachers Registration Board of South Australia
- Queensland College of Teachers
- Teachers Registration Board of Western Australia
- Australian Capital Territory Teacher Quality Institute
- Victorian Institute of Teaching**
- New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA)***
Mutual recognition provisions only apply if we have an equivalent category of teacher registration: full or provisional registration for the school sector.