A proficient teacher will have met the requirements for full registration through demonstrating achievement of the seven Standards at this level.
The Proficient stage of the Standards describes the practice of a teacher with full registration.
A teacher with full registration:
- can create effective teaching and learning experiences for students
- know the unique backgrounds of students and adjust teaching to meet their individual needs and diverse cultural, social and linguistic characteristics
- develop safe, positive and productive learning environments where all students are encouraged to participate
- design and implement engaging teaching programs that meet curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements
- use feedback and assessment to analyse and support students’ knowledge and understanding.
- use a range of sources, including student results, to evaluate their own teaching and to adjust programs to better meet student needs
- actively participate in the teaching profession
- use advice from colleagues to identify, plan and evaluate their own professional learning needs
- work collaboratively with colleagues, and seek out and are responsive to advice about educational issues affecting their teaching practice
- communicate effectively with your students, colleagues, parents/carers and community members
- behave professionally and ethically in all forums.